CONNECTING THE DOTS
- Advancing the Common Good
- Advancing the common good means creating opportunities for a better life for all.
- Education, Income and Health
- There are basic things that we all need for a good life: a quality education that leads to a stable job, income that can support a family through retirement, and good health.
- Lasting Changes
- Our goal is to create long-lasting changes by addressing the underlying causes of problems.
- Live United
- Living United means being a part of the change.
Advancing the COMMON GOOD
United Way is working to advance the common good by focusing on education, income and health. These are the building blocks for a good life-a quality education that leads to a stable job, enough income to support a family through retirement, and good health.
Our goal is to create long-lasting changes that prevent problems from happening in the first place.
Our vision for the Pennyrile in the next ten years is bold:
- Increase the high school graduation rate
- Ensure that families are financially stable and economically independent
- Ensure that citizens engage in healthy behaviors and have access to affordable health services
We invite you to be part of the change. Together, united, we can inspire hope and create opportunities for a better tomorrow.
That's what it means to LIVE UNITED
Why EDUCATION, INCOME AND HEALTH?
United Way creates opportunities by focusing on the building blocks for a good life.
- Education - Helping Children and Youth Achieve their Potential through Education
- Improving access to quality, affordable child care and early learning opportunities
- Partnering with schools and parents to improve graduation rates
- Providing after-school and mentoring programs for at-risk youth
*Our Early Childhood Literacy Project, Ready to Read, has been generously funded during its first year of existence by Toyota Motor Manufacturing, Kentucky of Georgetown.
- Income - Helping Families Become Financially Stable and Independent
- Supporting basic needs while increasing financial education
- Helping hardworking people obtain job training and family-sustaining wages
- Increasing affordable housing for seniors and families
- Health - Improving People's Health
- Increasing access to critical health care services
- Reducing substance abuse, child abuse and domestic violence
- Increasing health education and preventive care